|Vegan buckwheat waffles, maple syrup and cashew cream…heaven on a plate|
Not much to say about this one really, apparently it was very easy to make and we were so surprised at how fast they were to make, not to mention totally scrumptious. We could eat double this amount every day if we weren’t yoga students!!!
This recipe is from the book Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Vegan Buckwheat Waffles
Makes 6 waffles
1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
1 cup water
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup oil
Oil to grease the waffle iron
- Measure out milk and water in a mixing jug, add the vinegar, stir and set aside until it curdles.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flours, salt, baking powder and sugar with a fork or iron wisk.
- Add the milk to the flours. Mix until smooth. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes while preheating the waffle iron.
- Brush the waffle iron with oil using a pastry brush. Cook waffles according to the waffle iron manufacturers directions.
- Add maple syrup or toppings of your choice and enjoy!